11.3.08

Rolling Stone's Peter Travers Plagiarizes BK's Blog?


On Sunday, March 3, I penned the following words in the lede to my review of Semi-Pro on A Rough Cut.

"Simply and brutally, Semi-Pro is only semi-funny."

It's simple, direct, to the point and a weak play on the movie's title. What more can you ask?

Imagine my surprise today when, after getting home from a hard eight hours of slaving away for the man, I open up my March 20 issue of Rolling Stone (the magazine that reminds me how truly conservative I am) and read their review of Semi-Pro, which was supposedly written by Peter Travers:

"The real problem with Semi-Pro is that it's only semifunny."

Sure, I'm flattered that Mr. Travers scoured the Internet in search of a fresh new "writer in the rough" to rip off and I'm really not even that upset that he didn't give me credit for a marginally lame joke. I'm just sorry he buried it 124 words in. C'mon, Pete. You're better than that. (Plus, you forgot to include the hyphen.)

No comments: