3.4.08

Ben Stein + BK = BFF

What do you do with your right arm when you pose with a celebrity?

Little did I know that a mere 27 hours after I learned of the existence of Ben Stein's new documentary and wondered out loud to Leslie that I would like to interview the man. But whilst I was wittling away the hours waxing poetic about the fountain drinks at drive-ins, God was working out the details to give me a wonderful surprise (Yes, God wanted me to meet Ben Stein).

Yesterday at 4:43 p.m., I got a fax from the governor's press secretary announcing that the Gov (who is apparently a big Stein fan) would introduce Stein as he showed a pre-release screening of Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. I was one of about 100 people (I was the only press, by some miracle from Heaven) who watched the documentary in the Capitol Rotunda and got to speak with Stein afterwards.

I also attended a press conference this morning (slightly better attended) where I got to hear him speak some more.

I'll post more about Ben and some of his quotes later (including a movie review on A Rough Cut), probably tomorrow. I've been swamped all day and my New Testament Survey midterm is due in less than 24 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just saw Expelled myself; Ben Stein's goal in making this flick (i gather) was not to win any popularity contests (this by itself helps to validate his message)... his goal was to promote free thought, especially more thinking about motivations that drive American academia and a lot of other behind-the-scenes worldview that we tend to take for granted.