28.10.08

As if You Cared


Last year, I suggested a few options should my current institution of part-time higher learning decide to field an athletic team and poll me for mascot ideas. (They have yet to do so.)

My suggestions:
  • The Dippers
  • The Johns
  • The Saints
  • The Spires
  • The (Bible) Thumpers
  • The (Bible) Belters
  • The Holy Rollers
  • The Midwesterners (obvious, non-fun choice)
No one cares, but another idea popped into my head last night as I was drifting off to sleep. It turns out being among 2,000 other Baptists fighting for a few seats at local eateries was inspiring. I think it’s a winner: The Potluckers. It the perfect metaphor for what who we are. Namely, people who like to eat.

That’s not to be confused with pot lickers. Or pot stickers. Hmm… The Pot Stickers…

No comments: