22.7.07

In the Name of Merlin's Saggy Left... - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Reading Log - Vol. 1



I've been at my grandmother's house doing various chores so I was only able to read for a few hours early this morning. My thoughts (and spoilers) through seven chapters, 138 pages:



  1. Congrats to Tonks and Lupin! Scary Thought of the Day: Honeymoon werewolf sex.

  2. Am I the only one who thinks the Killing Curse ("Adava Kedavra") sounds suspiciously like "abra-cadabra?"

  3. Dudley halfway redeems himself? Who woulda-thunk-it?

  4. Mad Eye Mooney: "Even You-Know-Who" can't split himself in seven." Only Rowling could make such an obvious nod to the audience's privileged knowledge and not make it seem hackneyed.

  5. "You-Know-Who" is surprisingly hard to type.

  6. OK, who can honestly say they though Hedwig would bite the dust? I'll give you $10 on the spot if you for even a second thought that might happen. The more important question: is she one of the two "main characters" destined to die? I say no.

  7. Hagrid dies? In the second chapter? No, wait, he's OK. Dang it, Rowling! How dare you fool me like that?

  8. Stan Shunpike might really be a Death Eater? Again, who saw that coming?

  9. George loses an ear... could JKR be giving a shout out to Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs? My suggestion is tying an extendable ear to his head.

  10. So Mad-Eye is dead. Honestly, I don't really care. Plus, that give me more hope that Ron and Hermione get to hook up in the end, get married, and make lots of little magic babies with frizzy red hair.

  11. From a purely philosophical standpoint, I'm disappointed our intrepid trio is dropping out. Maybe they can complete some sort of correspondence course and get their magical GED.

  12. I don't know why, but I just don't buy the whole Harry Ginny star crossed lovers thing. Their "snogging" makes me nauseous.

  13. Ron: "Why in the name of Merlin's Saggy Left..." Coolest quote. Ever.

  14. Oh come on. Ron thinks Mad-Eye might still be alive? First she fakes Hagrids death, now maybe this? I can't take it! Stop toying with me, JKR!

  15. I need a copy of "12 Fail-safe Ways to Charm Witches." Amazon.com shows no listing.

  16. New-born unicorns sound unbearably cute.

  17. Mr. Weasley's patronus is a weasle? Of course!

  18. Why is Lupin acting so weird? Is married life getting to him or is there something else on his mind...

1 comment:

Sesi said...

-Every time I read "Avada Kedavra" I think of "Abra Cadabra," and then often wonder if anyone else makes the same connection
-Harry + Ginny=gross. Especially since the movies have come out I'm just not a fan of Ginny...she seems like an annoying wuss
-Ron has gotten soooo much cooler
-Ron + Hermione=it's about freaking time

All in all--
agreed.