23.7.07

What in the Name of Merlin's Most Baggy Y-Fronts was that about? - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Reading Log - Vol. 2

Chapters 8-17.
  1. Dumbledore didn't leave me anything.
  2. Harry, bro, forget Ginny. What about Luna? She's cute enough.
  3. Oh crap, Viktor Krum is back? Run, Hermione! Run! Run to Ronald! It's your destiny!
  4. Ginny = Ginerva. Hmmph.
  5. "I now declare you bonded for life." Thought: Can wizards divorce?
  6. I want a (non magical) motorcycle.
  7. Note to self: work "lousy git" into everyday conversations.
  8. Page 191: "blood traitor" and "blood-traitor" appear in the first three lines. Is there a grammatical reason for this I'm just not seeing?
  9. Voldemort moves against the ministry, takes over and begins his anti muggle policies. The parallels to Nazi Germany just keep piling up.
  10. Tonks is pregnant! Did I call the werewolf sex or what?
  11. "What in the name of Merlin's most baggy Y-fronts was that?" Ron has quite the mouth! And he's been saying "effing" a lot too. JKR must be getting tired of the kiddie stuff.
  12. Honestly, why don't Ron and Hermione just shut up and get a room already? You know what they say: "Make-up snogging is the best snogging."
  13. Why doesn't Hermione stop pestering Harry about Occlumency. HE CAN'T DO, HERMIONE, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR FUZZY SKULL!
  14. The public toilets I saw in London did not have pull chains to flush them.
  15. Dolores Umbridge would use kitten post-its.
  16. Perkins has lumbago. I've always wondered what that is. According to our good friends at Wikipedia,

Lumbago is a term used to refer to low back pain. Such pain may also be accompanied by symptoms that extend to the buttocks, thigh(s) and leg(s) in either a uni- or bi- lateral fashion (but usually only on one side). If the primary symptom is leg pain caused by a compressed nerve in the low back, then the symptoms are usually called sciatica rather than lumbago.
Lumbago may also be accompanied by other symptoms and signs such as loss of
sensation (usually the sole of the foot and posterior aspect of the calf region) and motor function (usually loss of plantar flexion of the foot and toes as well as a diminished ankle jerk reflex) in some areas and back stiffness (pain and rigidity upon movement of the lumbrosacral part of the spine). Other signs include reduced ability to walk or raise one's foot once straightened.

17. Question: Once Ron and Hermione are pronounced Wizard and Wife and ride off into the sunset to live happily ever after, what is he going to call her for short? Her? Hermie? Sweet Cheeks?

18. James and Lilly died on Halloween. How appropriate.

19. We know wizards (or witches) can marry muggles (See Cattermole). My question is this: How do they meet?

5 comments:

lanae130 said...

1. Learn to spell-check.
2. We should be continuity editors.
3. Why are you so obsessed with Ron and Hermione?
4. I really like your reading logs. I wish I would've done that, but I didn't have the patience.

bk said...

I'm not going to claim previous posts are typo-free, but this one is clean (at least when run through Blogger's spell-check.

I don't know what it is about Ron and Hermione that gets me. Maybe it's just because it's been obvious since the beginning (especially since I jumped in at Movie III) and it's taking SOOOOOO LONG to develop.

lanae130 said...

Also, Harry's mom's name is Lily not Lilly.
Hmmm. It seems as though all I do on your blog is berate you...
:)
I hope you have a great time at Falls Creek and in D.C.
Please be safe!

Anonymous said...

i tip my hat to you sir/madam

Unknown said...

lol @5, never thought of that

i liked your musings, good stuff