18.7.07

R-E-S-P-E-C-T



Do you know who I respect? Joe Lieberman.

I don't agree with him on all issues and I'm very happy he and Gore lost in 2000 (although Lieberman wouldn't have been that bad a VP... it's Gore I don't trust), I respect him a lot for standing up for what he believes, even though it cost him his party and many friends. In a time when Democrats and many Republicans are ready to throw in the towel in Iraq just because things aren't as easy as they hoped (that, or they hate GWB), Lieberman has the courage to stand up and support it, no matter how unpopular it makes him. Whether you agree with him on that issue or not (I happen to), there's no doubt he believes in it with all his heart and will not back down just gain some political capital.

I salute you, Joe Lieberman. The world needs more people who stand firm in their convictions regardless of party.

No comments: